Fiona is an experienced Expert Witness in Care, Case Manager and Independent Healthcare Consultant. She qualified as a Registered General Nurse in 1985 and began her career working at Manchester Royal Infirmary. Fiona later gained a Bachelor of Sciences degree and Post Graduate Diploma in Nursing. She worked in a number of clinical and managerial roles in the NHS until 2006.
Fiona began to work as an expert witness in 2006 and since then she has established a significant practice in major and catastrophic injury claims. Her areas of interest are catastrophic injuries, acute brain injury, asbestos related claims, amputation and injuries arising as a result of clinical negligence. Fiona has a particular knowledge of health and the delivery of healthcare services within acute care, rehabilitation and home settings. Her very significant clinical experience and knowledge of these areas provides her with an in-depth insight into a number of clinical areas. She is instructed by Claimant and Defendant solicitors and undertakes reports on both liability and quantum.
- BSc (Hons) in Nursing;
- Post Graduate Diploma in Nursing;
- Registered General Nurse;
- An in-depth knowledge of healthcare, including management of personnel and delivery of services with acute care, rehabilitation and elder care settings.
- Expert Witness;
- Risk Assessments;
- Case Management;
- Needs Assessment;
- Clinical Assessment of adults/children with illness and disability;
- Report Writing;
- Effective Communicator;
- Critical Evaluation/Research;
- Strategic Thinker;
- Organisational Skills;
- Medicine, Rehabilitation and Elderly Medicine.
- Assessment of adults/children with illness and physical disability including head, spine, orthopaedic and pain problems, amputees, palliative care, medical, age related conditions and neurological conditions;
- Loss of Services;