Gail is an experienced Expert Witness in Occupational Therapy and Care. Gail graduated from the University of Liverpool in 1994 with a BSc in Occupational Therapy. Gail spent the first few years of her career working in a number of in-patient specialties including surgery, medicine and neuro-rehabilitation.
Since 1998 she has been working with adults and children with complex disabilities who require seating, wheelchair and postural care interventions; she worked as a clinical manager in an NHS wheelchair Service for five years. Gail has completed a post-graduate certificate in postural management for adults and children with complex disabilities and she is due to finish her MSc in Skin Integrity Skills and Treatment in autumn 2015. As well as her Expert Witness work, Gail works independently assessing people for wheelchairs, seating and postural care; she also delivers training to healthcare professionals.
Gail commenced her work as an Expert Witness in 2009 and she receives instructions from both Claimant and Defendant Solicitors. Gail has a particular interest in catastrophic injuries resulting in complex disabilities in both adults and children. Her in depth clinical knowledge and experience provides her with the skills to formulate an in-depth assessment in a range of clinical areas. Gail has recently taken on a number of instructions for cases involving metal on metal hip prosthesis litigation. Gail has attended Court to give evidence and takes instructions both in the UK and overseas.
- BSc Occupational Therapy;
- BTEC National Diploma in Social Care;
- MSc Skin Integrity Skills and Treatment (due autumn 2015);
- Postural Care Skills CIC Leadership in Postural Care;
- North West Alliance and Academy 21st Century Community Leaders Programme;
- Post Graduate Certificate “Postural Management for People With Complex Disabilities”;
- An in-depth knowledge and experience of health care, including management of personnel and delivery of services with in acute care, rehabilitation and wheelchair services;
- Working closely with other professionals and services in ensuring the best outcome for clients.
- Expert Witness;
- Risk Assessments;
- Case Management;
- Needs Assessment;
- Clinical Assessment of adults/children with illness and disability;
- Skilled in carrying out detailed postural assessments and in interpreting results in order to apply appropriate intervention;
- Conference speaker UK and overseas;
- Training Clinicians UK and overseas;
- Report Writing;
- Effective Communicator;
- Critical Evaluation/Research;
- Strategic Thinker;
- Organisational Skills.
- Assessment of adults/children with illness and physical disability including head, spine, orthopaedic and pain problems, Amputees, Palliative care, medical, age related conditions and neurological conditions;
- Gail is experienced in assessing the needs of individuals whose condition is likely to deteriorate as a result of their injury and subsequent disability and identifying the appropriate equipment and care requirements in the future;
- Loss of Services;
- Aids and Equipment.